Habitat Wake is actively recruiting AmeriCorps members to serve in the 2022-2023 term. AmeriCorps members play an integral role in what we do, helping us to serve more families, recruit and lead more volunteers, and build more homes. During your year of service, you will gain insight into working within a nonprofit organization through hands-on experience in leadership and community development. In addition to serving 50 families through homeownership in our 2022-2023 year, we will also support families globally in Honduras, Malawi, and Cambodia. And AmeriCorps members are eligible to attend a global village trip during their service term.
Benefits of Service:
- Living allowance of $16,300 for approximately 11 months of service
- Housing Assitance
- Segal Education Award of $6, 345, upon successful completion of service.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — approximately 10 days total.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
- OSHA 10 Training
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- Public speaking
- Project Management
- Various other training Habitat Wake offers
Why become an AmeriCorps member?
At the end of the service year, you will recruit and/or manage 2,000 volunteers in the building, rehabilitation, or repair of homes. You will participate in community outreach events, home preservation projects, and help us build new homes, all in direct service of local families. You will meet and network with other AmeriCorps members during the annual Build-A-Thon (Covid Permitted). Additionally, you will gain enhanced skills in communication, leadership, delegation, team-building, project management, construction and safety.
But don't take our word for it: hear from former Habitat Wake AmeriCorps about their year of service: